"God has blessed me to see another day and I am truly grateful."
My experience with Prostate Cancer is not what I want for you. I wished, at the time I was diagnosed, that I had someone to guide me through the maze of treatments. It was then that I made a determination to become that Guide, with that was born the (JWPCF) Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation.
I want to say to those diagnosed men and families, you do not have to go through this agony alone. There is much information to be shared by the Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation.
We stand ready to be of assistance.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer
* You may experience frequent urination (especially at night)
* You may have difficulty passing urine
* You may be unable to hold back urine or be unable to urinate
* You may have a weak or interrupted flow of urine.
* You may feel like your bladder is still full even when you have just passed urine
* There may be blood in your urine or in your semen.
* You may get pain or a burning sensation when you are urinating
* You may experience pain when you ejaculate
* You may be having pain in your back, hip or pelvic area.This could be a sign that cancer has spread from the prostate to nearby lymph nodes, tissue or bones.
Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation, Inc.
"It's a Family Affair" - Your Health, Their Well-being
Did you know:
African-American men are more likely to get prostate cancer.
They are also more likely to die from the disease.
Screening is a key choice and change.
The vision of the Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation, Inc. is that men's health needs and well being are met.
Come join us for our Annual Race
This year we are holding an 8K Race
It will be held on
Jan 3rd, 2015 at the Gulfport Casino, Gulfport, FL.
© 2014 Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation, Inc.
Non-profit Jim West Prostate Cancer Foundation
P.O. Box 35141 * St. Petersburg, FL 33705-0503
Phone : 727-580-2432
Please donate to the Jim West Prostate Foundation. Money's are used provide free PSA screenings as well as education and support groups. The board operates as a volunteer board, 100% of our finds are used for screenings and education.